Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
214 is looking for a talented and passionate Graphic Designer with strong branding/digital design expertise to join our growing creative agency. The Designer will apply their design skills across a variety of disciplines, working with other designers, project managers, copywriters, strategists and freelancers within the company.
214 is a boutique brand strategy and creative agency based in Soho, NYC, and part of the Pineapple Co Family of companies. We help companies and brands—from startups to scale-ups—find their purpose, infuse it into a smart, unique and differentiated experiences that make lasting impressions.
• Extreme passion for design. You don’t just do it, you live it.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
• Collaborative with other team members
• Intimate knowledge of digital landscape
• Familiar with current design and industry trends
• Detail oriented, but able to focus on the bigger picture
• Diligent follow-through on every task assigned
• A self-starter
• Efficient as a designer and with your time
• Can work under tight deadlines
• Strong work ethic – goes the extra mile
• Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
• Shares and presents ideas with confidence
• Inspires, supports, and mentors others
• Manages work against schedules and deadlines
• Provides constructive feedback to peers and leadership
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in design, graphics or the creative arts
• 2-4 years previous experience at an agency or design studio with a BFA or other advanced degree
YOUR PORTFOLIO WILL SHOW
• Strong digital/web examples
• Ability to design for responsive/mobile design
• Excellent typography skills
• Ability to design across multiple disciplines
• Strong logo / identity / branding designs and design systems
• Stylistic diversity
• Ability to ‘simplify the message’ in your work
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Set and extend the standard of design at 214
• Assist in the planning and design of websites and interactive experiences
• Collaborate with team to support—and lead—the creative direction and execution across various projects
• Support team to help determine scope and timeframes for new projects
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Confident, engaging personality that adds to our culture, experience, smarts, and overall team strength.
• Your social media (particularly, IG) reflects the designer in you
• Experience with mobile app design
• Knowledge of html/Wordpress
• Video / editing
• Designing and creating html emails
• Familiarity with Social Media
We work in the heart of Soho, NYC, sharing offices with our sister and parent companies that enfuse a larger org and ability to establish, grow, and leverage relationships personally and professionally in our work. You’ll get the experience working with a smaller team, while feeling part of a larger network socially and creatively.
We value culture as a primary driver for all Pineapple Co companies’, utilizing strong People leadership and Learning & Development Programs that teach and inspire staff to grow and flourish.
There are great benefits, packages, etc. And there’s always treats in kitchen ;)