Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We’re looking for a kick-ass Graphic Designer who is interested in joining a diverse team, working on great projects, building a brand and growing with us. Is that you?
Our work is multi-disciplinary. On any given project you may be required to tackle brand strategy, ad campaigns, retail environments, digital and social media, product launches, video concepting, etc. Every day’s an adventure. You should understand these mediums and how they interact. You’ll be working with teams of various disciplines, and must thrive on the energy and flow of a fast-forward work environment.
Working closely with the Associate Creative Director and other design team members, you’ll be responsible for translating the project brief into understandable, desirable and innovative communications. You’ll need a strong design background and a rich understanding of photography, typography, color and brand positioning – as well as current industry, technology and cultural trends.
Some travel may be required.
- Generate innovative concepts that translate to multiple mediums, including brand campaigns, photography, video, retail, graphics, advertising, events, and digital and social media.
- Use a collaborative skill set to work within our creative team (Creative Director, Copywriter, Art Director and/or other Designers).
- Collaborate with other disciplines (photographers, illustrators, film and video, etc.) and help them bring concepts to reality.
- Give clear feedback to both internal and external creative teams, with thoughtful solutions/recommendations.
- Work cross-culturally and think on a global scale.
- Show exceptional listening and communicating skills. Must be able to communicate concepts and rationale to the team and/or client. Must feel comfortable selling in your work.
- Concept and create the work (including presentations). This is a hands-on design position.
- Be flexible and responsive to feedback (internal or external), and approach changes with a positive attitude that feedback can make a concept/design better.
- Have experience looking at and marking up proofs for color correction.
- Bring your passion for life (e.g., art, travel, music, nature, etc.) to your creative thinking and solutions.
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
- 3-5 years of experience in a design studio or an agency background
- A portfolio that represents a range of design styles, diversity of projects and a clear personal aesthetic
- Dynamic presentation and communication skills for pitching creative concepts to internal teams and clients
- Experience working with creative teams
- Practical knowledge of production processes, technologies, design and art theory
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Must be able to work from our SE Portland office
If this sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply directly on LinkedIn or send an email to [email protected] with your resumé and “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.