Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As the only Graphic Designer at Kit and Ace you are accountable for creating a variety of design assets that will show up through many channels including digital, social, print, windows and others. You are the primary point-of-contact at Kit and Ace for our creative assets and ultimately responsible for projecting the Kit and Ace brand consistently through branded assets.
You are focused, detail oriented, have impeccable taste and a great sense of aesthetics and style. You understand visual language and value the importance of communication and teamwork.
- Create, develop and execute graphics and content that will live online, in store and in print
- Work cross functionally with the internal team and various external partners to hit deadlines and produce an assortment of assets and experiences that consistently reflect our brand standards
- Present concepts and ideas, be accepting of constructive feedback and flexible in working within the constraints of the business
- Develop, design and support during the production of a wide variety of packaging, product and signage initiatives and projects
- Help tell Brand and Campaign stories through graphics and visuals
- Contribute to Kit and Ace’s social media strategy, develop new and exciting narratives and engage in conversation with our guests
- Produce consistent work, update existing content and present creative ways to support brand growth
- Assist with creating, maintaining, and revising various marketing materials as needed
- Remain up-to-date with current industry software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Coordinate and liaise with external vendors for support in the production of assets
- Work closely with design and product teams to support product initiatives which require graphic support (hangtags, care labels and more)
- 1-3 years in a graphic design role
- Related diploma, degree or equivalent experience
- Creativity is in your nature, your comfort zone is bringing ideas and stories to life through visuals and words
- An expert in Adobe creative suite i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator
- Retail and social media experience an asset
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills and a stickler for the details
- Ability to multi-task and work on various priorities or projects at once
- Ability to work under the pressure of time constraints and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Flexible and like to have FUN