Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
In a nutshell:
We are looking for a mid-level visual designer who can collaborate with teams to bring our voices, stories, and concepts to life. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in graphic design with a passion for branding, brand identity, creating visual systems, and print. In this role, you’ll work in multidisciplinary teams and tackle all aspects of the design process from user research to physical prototyping and communicating the overall project story to the client team.
Being a visual designer at IDEO means you’ll join the communication design community, which routinely works on a diverse portfolio of projects that spread across brand identity, art direction and visual design for screens, print and storytelling. Working at IDEO means you’ll tackle all aspects of the design process from user research to physical prototyping to telling the project story to the client. We are looking for designers who want to blend visual strategy and graphic design to tell powerful stories about our designs. We encourage our designers to bring their unique style and visual voice to each design challenge.
Once you are here you will:
Work on projects that solve problems across a variety of industries. Collaborate with designers from different backgrounds to develop a holistic design for our clients. You will create work that helps to tell a project’s story and be an advocate for exceptional design.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
- 5-8 years graphic design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, new media or an equivalent degree
- Experience in concept ideation, brand design, and design strategy
- Ability to tell compelling project stories to clients
- Experience working with designers from different backgrounds and integrating your design ideas with theirs
- Communication skills: You have strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills. You understand the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Extensive experience across a variety of media (print, motion, web) including a fluency in the software InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, and Keynote. Additional skills in digital prototyping tools like Principle are a bonus.