Urban Strategies is a leading international planning and urban design firm, based in Toronto, Canada. We have over 70 permanent staff, counting 13 partners, from diverse professional backgrounds including architecture, economics, landscape architecture, planning, public administration and the visual arts. Our diversity allows us to meaningfully integrate planning and design to evolve and transform communities.
Our work occurs at many scales and in many diverse places, and includes the preparation of community and institutional master plans, downtown revitalization strategies, waterfront renewal, development planning and policy plans. We have clients across North America, in the UK, Europe, the Caribbean and Asia. We have a strong reputation for great work, great people, and great coffee.
We are located on the top floors of a sunlit, post-and-beam former knitting factory at Queen Street W. and Spadina Ave, in downtown Toronto.
We currently have an opening for a talented Graphic Designer who will work with our Principal, Business Development & Communications and the wider management team, creating well-designed and appealing publications and communication tools for a variety of audiences as well as working with and mentoring our Junior Graphic Designer. The position is a full time contract position with the opportunity to become a full-time permanent employee.
The role includes:
- Layout and production of documents such as proposals and project reports,
- Creating compelling digital materials for web and social media sites, as well as client presentations (PowerPoint presentations),
- Developing visually engaging panels, bulletins and other communications materials for public information events,
- Setting up and maintaining project websites and online surveys,
- Designing branding, diagrams and data infographics for projects, including time line schedules, organization and flow charts, logos, etc.
- Video, production and animation.
- Maintenance of the firm’s marketing materials, digital image library and website,
- Understanding of compliance with AODA graphic standards (online and print),
- Regular training and staff support in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite,
- Participation in and graphic support for client and staff events and activities,
- Daily communication with the Urban Strategies team to ensure that all required deliverables for projects are properly executed and delivered on time.
Our ideal candidate must have successfully completed a degree or collegiate program in Graphic Design from an accredited institution as well as have three (3) plus years of experience. Applicants should be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, video editing software, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications. Excellent command of a Mac platform is required.
The role requires a friendly, collaborative spirit and an ability to successfully multi-task to meet project deadlines. The successful candidate will also demonstrate an interest in urbanism and city building to best assist us to convey project intentions and messaging regarding these important themes.
At Urban Strategies, we believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish. As an equal opportunity employer, we know that an environment that fosters diversity and inclusion can access the untapped potential that lies in our workforce and stimulate innovation. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm. To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com