HLW is looking for a talented Junior to Mid Weight Graphic Designer to join our passionate growing team in New York. We are on the hunt for a creative, organized, and highly motivated individual who brings strong design aesthetic and enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Reporting to the Brand Manager you will apply your design and creative skills across a wide range of marking materials, both on and offline, including brand application, layout design and the creation and maintenance of firm-wide templates. Additionally, you will work alongside the digital and general marketing teams to design and guide their bespoke marketing materials.
- Work with and build templates, create layouts, custom graphics for print materials, presentations and digital communications.
- Maintain and help grow the standards of our brand.
- Work alongside marketing coordinators to format bespoke marketing materials.
- Integrate brand messaging, color, imagery, type, and composition into deliverables.
- Liaise with print partners and external suppliers to gather quotes.
- Collaborate with global marketing team, cross-share best practices, insights and problem-solve when faced with challenges
- Excellent conceptual and design skills including layout, typography and information design.
- Ability to understand brand strategy/message and convert it into on-brand visual solutions.
- Strong capability to work efficiently and independently.
- Strong Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Good understanding of working in PowerPoint, Word, Google Slides.
- Animation and/or video editing and HTML and/or WordPress a bonus but not required.
- Understanding best design practices across all social channels especially Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Ability to take direction and design feedback.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required in in graphic design or a related field.
- 2 year’s minimum design experience, ideally within a marketing and/or communications team.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience.