Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Innovate With Us as an Industrial Design Intern at the Kellogg Company for Summer 2019! This is an opportunity to prove your design mettle on some of the most well-known brands in the marketplace – Pringles, Pop Tarts, Eggo and many others. We believe in the power of people, so you’ll be using your creativity to help us advance these market-leading brands. Let’s achieve together.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- An Eye for Design – In your role you may be working on a variety of design projects depending on your skills and passions! This could include developing concepts for packaging structures (industrial), research and analysis of the category in the lens of packaging and bringing them to life. That is, with your favorite Kellogg snack by your desk, of course.
- Designing gr-r-reatness – You will be responsible for creating exceptional design solutions that support the brand strategy and business objectives. This will include hands-on design such as sketching, rendering and prototyping along with with envisioning, inspiring, and creating solutions across marketing touchpoints and packaging.
- Fresh Thinking – You’ll be assisting in developing design briefs and partnering with different disciplines on projects to create creative solutions for our brands. You’ll be generating new ideas in design sprints and workshops for our innovation teams. You got this.
- Your seat at the table – Our interns are the future of our organization and this is your opportunity to have your voice heard. You will be contributing meaningful work to the Kellogg business by leading your own projects and reporting out on key business solutions to executive leadership. And this is only the beginning!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Design with a focus in industrial design with an associated internship program that allows for periods of full-time work
- Software fluency in the latest graphics and business programs: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat). Along with industrial design software (e.g. Alias, Rhino, Solid Works, or Freeform for Industrial Designers)
- A competitive portfolio including examples of design mastery and the ability to solve problems using design expertise and critical-thinking skills.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Portfolio: All applicants must submit a portfolio with your application, which will be assessed on creative excellence, storytelling, problem solving and technical mastery. A case study that demonstrates design process is essential. Your portfolio should demonstrate:
- A high level of personal responsibility, discipline and time management skills – how are you personally responsible for your work?
- Technical foundational skills – how do you communicate and bring your ideas to life through sketching, model making and/or CAD development?
- Proven ability to collaborate with others in a creative environment – how do you work with others to expand upon ideas and inspire those around you?
- Use of empathy and non-linear thinking – how do you challenge your assumptions and change perspectives throughout the design process?
- The ability to be flexible in a changing environment – how do you make changes on the fly without losing momentum?
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality solutions – how do you ensure success all the way through the last mile?
- Passion for the food industry and how design trends and emerging technology are changing how we make decisions about food
- Experience or interest in packaging