Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
As an experienced Industrial Designer at Oculus, you’ll help create and design the next-generation of VR and AR hardware. You’ll be an expert in consumer product architecture and design, a champion of user experience, a defender of brand identity as you drive projects from concept through completion. We’re looking for someone that can help bring new ideas to life through top-notch visualization and communication skills. You will contribute a superb sense of aesthetics, surfacing, ergonomics, and usability as you collaborate with skilled experts to create incredible, first-of-their-kind products. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing, manufacturing, and shipping consumer products, plus experience leading design projects.Responsibilities
- You’ll design products that define an emerging category, and help establish Oculus as the premier virtual reality consumer brand.
- You’ll help create the visual language of our brand and the physical nature of our products.
- You’ll connect our brand to people, representing user-centric thinking and excellent aesthetic sensibility as you tackle tough design challenges.
- Translate brand identity attributes, contextual imagery, and other visual ideas into functional, beautiful, brand-targeted product designs.
- Lead design projects with internal and external resources.
- Contribute elegant, effective ways to address ergonomic and mechanical challenges.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in industrial design or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as an industrial engineer developing consumer electronics
- 2+ years experience leading design projects and directing development activities
- Sketching skills and prototyping process
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.