Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
Gensler is a highly entrepreneurial and relationship-oriented culture. The Junior Industrial Designer will join our Brand Design team of design thinkers and doers who specialize in helping to tell stories and create experiences in the context of the built environment. They will work in a multi-disciplinary studio that includes strategists, architects, interior designers, graphic designers and rich media designers. Join Gensler and become part of a creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and the belief that design excellence is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
What You Will Do
- Work with various teams within and outside Gensler to create and define new features based on strategic goals.
- Champion end user needs when defining usage and feature requirements
- Deliver detailed requirements and workflows for new features and enhancements. This includes feature specifications and wireframes.
- Work with the Design Team to product elegant mockups for new features.
- Drive improvements to the user experience via feedback surveys, usability studies, focus groups, or any other methods deemed appropriate.
- Be an expert on the similar technologies. Keep up with similar offerings and provide product enhancements based on competitive analysis.
- Stay knowledgeable about the ever-changing technology landscape, including social media, social networking, and mobile/tablet devices.
- Work with cross-functional teams and manage schedules and timelines
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, or Graphic Design is required.
- 3-5 years professional experience in industrial or product design.
- Strong sketching, drawing, visualization, and rendering skills.
- Experience in a client facing role and expereince creating presentations
- Strong VRay, Sketch Up, Rhino, Solid Works and other visualization software
- A great attitude that enjoys working in a close, highly energized, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written a MUST.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.
- Graphic Design background is a plus
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.