Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
ABOUT SCHOOL HOUSE
School House is a New York based creative agency experienced in brand strategy, branding, and environment design with a focused interest in beauty, wellness, and lifestyle.
In an era where even people are brands, we are committed to un-branding. It’s not a dogma or a set of rules; it’s an interchange. We don’t believe in hierarchy, but in honesty, creativity, and partnership.
It’s impossible to fail when you seek to create because creation is starting with nothing and ending with something. If you appreciate that, and understand the hours put into it (because we know how long it takes), and love close quarters, healthy snacks and cannabis candles, you’ll ‘get’ working at School House and we’d love to meet you.
If you think clients are something to be tolerated, please swipe left.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
School House is looking for a 3D designer with industrial design background to ideate, create, and lead multi-scale environmental projects in collaboration with our studio’s multidisciplinary team. In this role, you will be involved in all stages of the creative process, from strategy and concept development to execution and production. Our projects encompass various scales of retail, merchandising fixtures, packaging and experience design. Having a strong interest in beauty and wellness culture is encouraged; ultimately, we want you to love what you do!
WE NEED YOU TO:
• Flex design capabilities across a range of scales and disciplines: prior School House work has ranged in scale from retail architecture to packaging design
• Maintain a clear understanding of project objective from ideation to completion
• Be autonomous in time and project management
• Have the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain consistent and open communication with internal team, clients, and external contractors on project status and needs
• Negotiate and manage outside vendors as needed
• Contribute to the collaborative and supportive culture of SH
• Have openness and a desire to learn and grow
IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE, YOU NEED:
• 4+ years of professional design experience
• Professional training industrial design or similar field
• Strong knowledge of design, scale, materials and fabrication/manufacturing techniques
• Prior retail, fixture and packaging design experience
• Prior agency or Beauty experience is encouraged
• Proficiency in creating and reviewing shop/construction drawings
• Proficiency in 3D design software: knowledge of Rhinoceros is required
• Proficiency in rendering software: knowledge of Keyshot is encouraged
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Ensure high standards and quality assurance across all work produced so that it is cohesive, consistent, and brand aligned
• Ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously
• A constant evaluation of internal processes to identify and recommend improvements
• Personal interest in beauty, wellness, and lifestyle