Global Furniture Group, Canada’s largest office furniture manufacturer is seeking an experienced Industrial Designer for our Toronto location.
The conceptualization and design development of new furnishings and related product for the Education and Healthcare environments.
- Working with stakeholders to define new product objectives and strategies
- Developing multi-concept product proposals
- Defining and prioritizing user requirements
- Preparing concept and design documentation and data
- Collaborating with engineers and manufacturing units
- Participating in product testing
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University Degree in Industrial Design, Architecture or Engineering
- 5+ years of commercial/contract furniture design
- Understanding of manufacturing processes & materials
- Understanding of rapid prototyping technologies
- Strong organizational and design detailing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent visual language skills and well-developed sketching skills
- Developed interest in trends and market influences
- Team player but must be able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
A high level of proficiency is required in the following:
- Adobe Photoshop
Interested applicants are asked to forward a resume along with a link to your online portfolio to Careers@GlobalFurnitureGroup.com using the subject line ‘Industrial Designer’. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Furniture Group values employment equity and is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. Those requiring accommodation should advise Human Resources and Global will provide suitable accommodation in a manner that considers the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.