Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Monokoto is an award-winning design company based in Shoreditch. We work with ambitious global clients across many sectors. This gives us the opportunity to create exciting, groundbreaking designs that make a real difference to people.
Our design practice is holistic and bridges both physical and digital worlds. As a Designer at Monokoto, you’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team, and will be responsible for creating the best user-centric experiences possible.
You’ll be involved in the early concept stages of a brief right through to delivery of highly detailed specifications and prototypes. Close collaboration with our clients is a must as you’ll have frequent interactions with both their internal design, technical and business teams. We value people who possess both a strategic and detail-focused mindset, who strive to find beautiful, simple solutions to complex problems.
Monokoto is looking for both a freelance and full-time industrial designer to complement our existing team to work on a diverse range of projects.
With experience in a variety of fields the candidates will need to be fluent with 2D and 3D design tools and be comfortable working from early strategy phases of projects through concept brainstorming and idea development to producing detailed files for model makers and clients.
- Freelance – 5+ years of experience
- Full-time – 3+ years of experience
- Passionate about solving problems and spotting opportunities, with a hunger to design and make things better for people
- The ability to think big whilst being detail-oriented and delivery focused
- An excellent communicator both verbally and visually, who is at ease presenting and being client-facing
- Happy to work both within a team or take sole ownership of a task to drive projects forward
- Methodical, systematic and structured in the way you work
- Excellent design software skills and the ability to visualise/animate/prototype concepts at varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and test ideas – whatever tells the story the right way
- Always eager to learn and share knowledge
- The ability to deal with pressure and can work in a fast paced environment
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Sketching and illustration
- Knowledge of 3D CAD design tools: Solidworks, Alias or Rhino and experience with Keyshot preferred.
- Proven track record in Industrial Design
- Understanding of manufacturing methods, processes, materials
- Diverse experience in product development
- Immediate availability
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE VARIED, AND WILL ALSO INCLUDE:
- Interfacing with clients, stakeholders, designers, developers and engineers as required
- Involvement in workshops, research and testing sessions
- Contributing to the further development of the UX design process
- Mucking in with general studio tasks and activities
Please email us at [email protected], indicating in the email’s subject whether you are interested in a freelance, or full-time position.
Please include your portfolio, CV and a brief description outlining relevant experience. No agencies or recruiters please.