Bose Corporation is a privately held company with over 50 years of growth and expansion. We develop high-performance product experiences that are elegant and simple to use. These experiences are often developed through decades of analysis and research. We encourage innovation in every aspect of our work and seek to hire individuals whose satisfaction comes from thinking creatively and solving problems with unique solutions.
The design studio at Bose is a dynamic and energetic environment that continually seeks to challenge our views about customer experiences. We work on a diverse portfolio of products from consumer electronics to Health and Wellness.
We are looking for a Color, Material, and Finish (CMF) staff designer that will support the color strategies for our products, and then work under the direction of the CMF Lead and Creative Leads in applying that strategy consistently within each product category. Additionally, this person will support the material and finish strategies for our products, and coordinate with our suppliers to bring these capabilities to Bose products.
This position reports directly to the CMF Lead as a Subject Matter Expert / Individual Contributor with the opportunity for growth into a CMF Lead or CMF individual contributor.
The CMF Design Lead will work across all product categories providing management and execution of a CMF strategy for Bose products.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of color and material trends in the Consumer Electronics and other related industries.
- Working in conjunction with the design staff and CMF Lead to developing and maintaining the Bose Color Strategy, including annual color forecast updates based on both the CE and allied industries.
- Collaborate with Bose’s internal capabilities, manufacturers, and suppliers to evaluate and qualify new materials and finishes for future use.
- Generate CMF proposals for all new products, in collaboration with the CMF Lead, Creative Leads and the Industrial Design staff.
- Generate and deliver inspiring presentations that communicate product stories well through proposed CMF.
- Create and implement CMF specifications for manufacturing and work closely with our Industrial Design staff and manufacturing teams to ensure quality execution.
- Maintain a material and finish library for the Industrial Design team.
- Responsible for the “color management” activities of the studio which include the equipment, color chips, color analysis and vendor approvals.
- Expertise and knowledge necessary to create visual assets for presentations such as Adobe Suite, KeyShot, and PowerPoint.
- Technical credibility and deep understanding of CMF technologies, research methods and testing.
- Expertise in trend and consumer research, as well as color and material properties.
- Strong ability to communicate and present ideas, influencing the development teams and stakeholders in CMF recommendations.
- Strong people skills to ensure successful relationships with both internal and external manufacturers and suppliers.