Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Hasbro’s Integrated Play team (iPlay) develops new and exciting ways to play by fusing physical and digital together. We create mind-blowing experiences to engage kids of all ages in immersive brand-focused experiences such as Disney’s Star Wars, Marvel & Princess, Transformers, Nerf, My Little Pony, Monopoly etc. and give life to products such as DropMix, Play-Doh TOUCH, and Furby Connect.
The Industrial Designer’s part in this is to bring the physical and digital together by creating products that delight, inspire and deliver aspirational branded play experiences. Products that fit with a variety of play patterns, experiences, interactions, ensuring a magical, surprising, memorable moment for the consumer.
The Integrated Play team is looking for a dynamic, passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and experienced Industrial Designer to support the development for an exciting new category (Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality and Virtual Reality). The successful candidate will help be involved in the design of physical product design, ensuring seamless integration with the digital experience.
With a keen aesthetic eye and solid understanding of “technology driven play” the successful candidate will support the team in Renton (WA) to design and develop and voice the overall product from the holistic promise. The applicant must have great communication and collaborative skills as they will be working closely with their core internal development team, expanded development team and marketing partners. This position will also be responsible for supporting development direction domestically and remotely with manufacturing partners. As such, the ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge of materials and processes used in the Consumer Goods and Toy industries. Manufacturing experience with Consumer Electronics is a plus.
The individual in this role will work under the supervision of the Sr. Designer in WA and will partner with the Project Manager and Product Engineer to coordinate milestones for both the physical and digital products. The candidate must be able to react quickly to changes in either the physical or digital timelines to ensure on time delivery for each stage of the development.
The traits of the ideal candidate showcase a balance between the Me vs. We (The aptitude for collaboration with colleagues), the IQ vs. EQ (emotional and intellectual balance) and the Left Brain vs. Right Brain (intellect or instinct when making decisions).
Effective communication and leadership traits to lead the cross-organization alignment are required as well as the aptitude for collaboration in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team in an innovative, start-up like environment. The candidate should be able to create, maintain and adjust a cohesive design vision amongst multiple partners to ensure the team’s success.
• A BA/BS or higher degree in Industrial Design
• 3-5+ years consumer product development, preferably toy or electronic
• Possess deep knowledge of user-centered design processes and methods
• Solid understanding of technology and ability to integrate it into the products
• Awareness of the latest technologies and trends in the AR/MR/VR space
• Strong 3D modeling skills (Solidworks, Rhino…) to test and visualize design concepts
• Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop
• Proficient in creating 2D sketches, storyboards to communicate design solutions and user scenarios.
• Communication and visual communication skills; ability to ideate and create compelling presentation to pitch design concepts
• Conceptualize, create and prototype lo-fi physical mockups able to articulate the desired user experience to the stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Interaction Designers, Engineers, Producers, Program Managers & Marketers)
• Lead outside partners and vendors remotely with clear instruction.
• Have a passion for innovation, fun, and world-class play experiences
• Offer active thought leadership in VR/AR/MR and User Experience issues and trends
• Knowledge in Augmented Reality, and/or Mixed Reality and/or Virtual Reality
• Experience in (or an understanding of) hardware and/or software development for the tech industry
• Proficiency using Premiere Pro / After Effects
PLEASE PROVIDE: Resume with cover letter and a link to a design portfolio demonstrating breadth, depth, creativity and proven experience in telling stories that delight and inspire using technology. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
Contract Length: 6 months, with possibility of extension.