Hauser Industries Inc. is currently recruiting a creative Industrial Furniture Designer, who will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to design aesthetically pleasing and customized products.
- Work closely with manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, QA, and customers;
- Conceptualize and design new products reflecting current design trends;
- Prepare mechanical drawings using Inventor, SolidWorks, AutoCAD;
- Conduct component research and material selection;
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies for custom products;
- Review designs for manufacturability, in conjunction with manufacturing team;
- Analyze sizing / tolerance of mechanical parts and interfaces;
- Identify corrective and preventative action for existing products;
- Design enhancements for continuous improvement;
- Prepare documents to record and detail mechanical design changes;
- Coordinates with team lead for system-level design issues;
- Prepares drawings for custom products and components;
- Assist in preparing parts and bills of material;
- Maintains library of standard components, to facilitate efficient design of near-standard items;
- Works closely with an engineering firm; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Creative flair and ability to collaboratively produce aesthetically pleasing designs in a timely fashion;
- An understanding of basic architectural and structural theory is considered an asset;
- Minimum four years of product design experience in a manufacturing setting;
- A portfolio of your past design work to showcase your creative flair;
- Expertise in using Inventor for 3D part design, detailing, assembly, and manufacturing;
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes used in custom manufacturing;
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineering principles to create safe and structurally sound end products; and
- Product design process knowledge and experience.
- Diploma or degree in Industrial Design such as a Bachelor of Industrial Design Honors Degree from the Humber College School of Applied Technology.
Hauser Industries Inc. is a leading manufacturer of both residential and contract furniture, with over 70 years of design and industry leadership. Hauser offers competitive salary packages and career advancement opportunities.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being part of a team that utilizes your creative flair, being hands-on and highly productive, please submit your resume and a portfolio containing samples of your work in confidence by e-mail to:
Ward & Uptigrove Consulting & Human Resources
Email: [email protected]