Studio Snoop is seeking a skilled new interior architect/designer to join its team in Sydney, Australia.
With projects around Australia, an Interior Architect/Designer will be working on an array of different typologies, ranging from hospitality, motels, residential to retail. We are a studio of problem solvers dedicated to making the physical world around us better for everyone. Based out of our design studio in Darlinghurst, Sydney, we create spaces, and objects. We prioritize our projects with those who have the greatest positive social impact.
Working as practical inventors with no signature style, our motivation is to design soulful and interesting places that embrace and celebrate the complexities of the real world. Our approach to drive everything we do is lead from a human experience rather than any fixed design dogma.
Attributes for the role:
- strong visual communication skills and the ability to source relatable imagery to support concepts
- the confidence to evolve schemes, with the ability to specify, document and develop bespoke finishes
- the ability to resolve plans and develop interior spaces in three dimensional form
- the desire to push boundaries and the instinct to think outside of the normal parameters of design
- curiosity about human interaction with design
- a genuine interest in sustainable and forward-thinking manufacturing methods and materials
- the willingness to share ideas and actively participate in group discussions, with a flexible and open attitude towards new and collaborative ways of working
- great interpersonal communication skills
- strong initiative as well as responsiveness to direction or instruction
- a determination and passion for professional development
- ready to manage and mentor a small team and bring the studio into its next phase of growth
- must be an Australian resident or have a working visa
- an undergraduate degree in interior architecture and/or architecture
- an advanced user of AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- an Advanced user of SketchUp, knowledge of Vectorworks and Podium is an advantage
- five plus years’ post-graduate experience