Interior Architect needed in Houston, TX to conceptualize and develop project design concepts to high-end commercial and residential developers for tall building, mixed use, residential and retail center. Lead digital design process to coordinates and integrates the work of all project team members to assure efficient use of digital tools for design and consistency of documentation. Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges. Create three-dimensional or interactive representations of designs, using computer-assisted design software. Perform sustainable design and analysis. Create building performance simulations. Prepare scale drawings or architectural designs. Lead design team to take on design challenges. Coordinating for permit agency approval of project documents. Processing submittals, substitution requests, and RFIs during construction process. Maintaining project manuals and specifications. Establishing a QA/QC process for the project to monitor the work of others.
Must have a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Architecture, or related field, plus two (2) years of design experience as Interior Architect, Architectural Designer, Technical Designer or related position.
The Two (2) Years Of Experience Must Include Experience With The Following
- 2D/3D software including Revit, Rhinoceros, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, 3ds Max, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office;
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures;
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings;
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives;
- Design custom furniture and interior accessories to match selected interior style;
- Test and specify environmentally friendly materials and technologies to create healthy workspace and reduce energy consumption;
- Produce qualitative and quantitative analysis to demonstrate and compare the economic benefits of various design options, such as increased productivity or sale; AND
- Perform regular site visits to ensure design intent is accurately reflected.
Must have valid architect license. All experience may be acquired concurrently.