The Los Angeles office of WATG is hiring an Interior Architecture Project Manager. The Interior Architecture Project Manager is responsible for the planning and coordination of the computer aided design documentation of a project during Schematic through Construction Document phases in conjunction with the Senior Interior Designer and the Project Coordinator. The Interior Architecture Project Manager must demonstrate extensive technical interior architectural experience on a wide variety of projects through the construction administration phase.
The Interior Architecture Project Manager will coordinate work assignments of a diverse project team as well as coordinate with clients, consultants and contractors. The Interior Architecture Project Manager will oversee the interior process from proposal through construction administration on a project. Must have the ability to development and understand contractual liability as they relate to interior architecture/Owner project fee calculations.
- Coordinates all activities related to construction administration including scheduling, shop drawings process, field observations, reports, change orders and pay requests
- Assures effective coordination of the development and construction documentation phases of assigned projects
- Assures project conforms to contractual agreement with client
- Effectively coordinate project to ensure completion, hitting all deadlines
- Maintains ongoing, positive client and consultant relationships
- Assures that project needs are satisfied by effectively coordinating project team assignments to ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Effectively coaches and mentors others
- Implements processes to reduce risks and exposure in all areas of the project
- Assures construction administration activities emphasize on efficiency, quality assurance and code compliance
- Familiar with hotel design programs, operation standards and rules of thumb
This position requires 10+ years experience in mid to large size interior architectural firm with projects including urban and resort hotels. A B.S. or B.A. in Interior Architecture is preferred. An architecture license is preferred.
Other requirements include:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions
- Ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Being a team player
- Experience with working in a fast-paced, multi-entity environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Maintain a high level of honesty and integrity
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to organize many projects and deliverables in a timely manner
- Effectively manages consultants and other construction trades
- The ability to translate design concepts into building assembly
- Proven experience in motivating and inspiring others is essential
- The ability to clearly and concisely present complex concepts and materials, both written and verbal to clients and co-workers.
- A Moderate level of exposure to the Revit software
- A proficient level of knowledge regarding architectural production standards, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction
- Proficient level of experience and ability in the use of AutoCad, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to travel domestic and internationally
Please include a copy of your portfolio with your resume to be considered for this role.