BURDIFILEK is a fast paced, progressive, highly creative interior design firm based in downtown Toronto that caters to a roster of global clients. We are looking for the best of the best to join our award-winning team. We offer the opportunity to work on exciting, high profile retail, real estate development, and hospitality projects.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have 3 – 6 years of progressive experience in the interior design field.
- A degree or diploma from an accredited Interior Design program or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to create small and mid-size working drawing packages independently.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (2013 minimum) + External Referencing (X’Refs) required
- Architecture or Interior Design background mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience in various interior design project types, including retail, hospitality
and real estate development.
- Experience in site surveying, design development, creation of architectural working drawing
sets, and millwork detailing.
- Understanding of imperial and metric systems and working knowledge of the 2012 OBC.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Work independently and as part of a team with strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of construction methodology and design trends; ability to read and
understand construction details, shop drawings, lighting plans, engineers drawings, (i.e.
mechanical, electrical and structural drawings), etc.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), AutoCAD, Sketch Up, and Adobe
Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and Adobe Acrobat.
If you meet all of these requirements and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to [email protected]
Please note: this position requires an in person interview and CAD test.