Gensler is a global architecture, design, and planning firm with 50 locations and more than 6,000 professionals networked across Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and the Americas. Founded in 1965, the firm serves more than 3,500 active clients in virtually every industry. Gensler designers strive to make the places people live, work, and play more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
We are seeking an Interior Design Director for our Shanghai Office.
The Interior Design Director will have had experience in leading design efforts for Workplace environments.
The ideal candidate will have proven skills in establishing/developing design schemes and leading/coordinating design teams for interior architectural projects. Candidates must have significant knowledge of commercial furniture and finishes. Effective communication and presentation skills are required. Candidates must have strong leadership skills and extensive experience leading design teams on multiple projects. Candidates must be fluent in English and Communication in Chinese would be an advantage.
What You Will Do
- Leading design efforts through all phases of Workplace interior projects including guiding, advising, and mentoring other designers on projects, developing design directions and leading design critiques/forums
- Acting as primary design interface with clients Selecting interior finishes, furniture and equipment
- Producing space plans, furniture plans, elevations, conceptual and finished design presentation documentationProviding solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives
- Reviewing drawings, mock ups, materials, and finish samples submitted by project contractors Delivering the highest quality of professional service
- 15+ years experience in the design of Workplace interior projects
- Holds a degree in interior design from an accredited program
- Knowledge of applicable building code and ADA code compliance regulations
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in all aspects of interior design
- Preferably proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, 3D Studio, sketch up and free hand sketches
- Proficiency in English mandatory, communication in Chinese would be an advantage.
Please include work samples along with your resume and cover letter.