Woods Bagots is currently seeking an Interior Design Leader to join our Melbourne office. The role of the Interior Design Leader – Lifestyle is to work collaboratively within the studio design team, leading Interior design projects from inception to completion, delivering high quality outcomes for our clients. Engaging with the regional and global lifestyle sector to contribute to sector knowledge and support collaborative bidding across the business.
This position requires a passionate and experienced Interior Designer with high level conceptual design skills supported by your extensive experience on Lifestyle projects. You will have a proven track record of managing project programs and leading a team.
This is a career defining opportunity to be a key influencer within the Lifestyle sector, at a studio, regional and potentially global level. You will gain valuable experience working alongside our Principal’s and other Project Leaders and share your knowledge and experience to empower your junior team members and fellow colleagues.
- Lead interior design teams to develop concept designs through to practical completion
- Lead bids and submissions for potential projects, competitions and new clients
- Contribute to strategic business planning for Interior Design sectors (lifestyle specific)
- Prepare space planning and schematic design schemes for Lifestyle projects
- Prepare design development presentations and documentation
- Liaise with engineering services and specialist sub consultants
- Manage tender documentation package including drawings, schedules and specifications
- Manage construction documentation package including drawings, schedules and specifications
- Must be able to be hands on with documentation as required
- Contribute to the culture and development of the interior design team
As a leader within Woods Bagot’s Melbourne team, the position requires a highly motivated, creative, and inspirational person with a focus on developing the broader team in conjunction with the Interior Design Principal.
As the successful candidate you will have past experience working with a collaborative, creative and resourceful team.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- 15+ years’ experience (or equivalent) working in the Interior Design field
- Hold a Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in luxury concept design and narrative development
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience in writing bids and submissions
- Demonstrate experience in strategic business planning
- Stakeholder engagement and ability to lead client meetings
- Ability to write and manage project programs
- Proven experience delivering profitable projects
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Lead and mentor junior staff
- Ability and confidence in dealing with clients and consultants
- Familiar with Australian building regulations and standards
- InDesign and Photoshop skills
- Revit skills highly advantageous
- Hand sketching skills desirable
It is an essential requirement that at the time of applying for this position, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.