Atelier Ace is an award winning, full service, in-house creative agency that develops and operates hospitality environments for Ace Hotel, Sister City & Maison de la Luz. Our creative work spans physical and virtual spaces; hotels, restaurants, venues, events, retail and marketing. Our team consists of a wide range of creative individuals, from interior designers to musicians.
Our architecture and interior design team is currently seeking an Interior Designer to compliment our New York City studio. We’d like someone who can design and draw the subtlest furniture detail to feeling comfortable in a muddy Ohio field picking through vintage furniture. This is not your traditional design office so a creative, independent, communicative and tough minded candidate is highly desired.
The role will have exposure to a variety of tasks, including:
- Working with our Architecture team in support of any in-house interior design projects
- Support and final review of work for Ace by outside design firms, management of POs, and leadership in review of design specifications
- Upkeep of our existing properties; sourcing new furniture, property re-design and improvements, administrative tracking, etc.
Must have qualifications:
- 4-8 years of experience
- Hospitality, restaurant, bar and/or high end residential interior design experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle and keep an eye on both short and long term objectives
- Extensive FFE sourcing, both new and vintage
- Experience in interior design production through all phases of design and construction of commercial interior environments
- Specification writing experience
- Design representations skills: hand sketching, Sketch Up, Rhino, collage, some way to quickly and effectively communicate your design ideas
- Design production skills: CAD and Adobe
- Experience in boutique or small scale hospitality interior design
- Experience in furniture design
- Outside creative and artistic projects (highly encouraged)
Please email your cover letter, resume, and work samples under 7m to [email protected]
Please start you cover letter with confirmations of the ‘must have’ qualifications noted above.