Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Lead, the successful candidate will augment client’s Facilities staff on site using software and resources (AutoCAD, ProjectWise, Maximo, LMBuildings and Microsoft Office Suite) utilizing industry best practices and client’s design criteria and standards. Develops interior architectural and engineering design concepts which are practical, safe and maintainable, conducive to intended purpose and function, reflects client goals and are within project budget and schedule. Work split between office and field (600-acre campus). Extensive end-user interface. Experience in Facilities environment useful.
- Possesses a general understanding of preparing architectural drawings for interior planning, design, furniture layouts, finishes and equipment (FF&E)
- Works closely with the Senior Interior Designer/Planner and assists the client’s team to implement the project development process including building programming, space planning/room requirements, design and bidding documents
- Update Master drawings with final “As-Built” construction documents, update utilities drawings and provide general drafting needs; perform field surveys and CAD updates
- Additional duties to include PO and Facilities Service Requests, move coordination, general project administration support, including assembling project documents, coordinating reproduction of submittal documents and general project file management, construction administration document support, etc.
Here’s What You’ll Need
All work to be done on site in Palmdale, CA; client does not allow telecommuting.
- Associates degree or 2+ years’ related experience without a degree
- Drafting/computer aided design certificate or 1+ years’ experience utilizing AutoCAD
- Ability to perform architectural field surveys of existing buildings and interiors
- Basic understanding of CA building codes and Accessibility requirements
- Willingness to learn and collaborate in a Facilities team environment
- Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English
- US Citizenship required by client