Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Join a dynamic team focused on shaping the future of the House of Commons! The Digital Services and Real Property (DSRP) Directorate is a seeking qualified candidates to fill an Interior Designer position for the Recapitalization and Campus Projects, Capital Projects and Standards and Guidelines Program..
The Interior Design BCC (Component) Program (ID+BCC (Component)) team is responsible for the delivery of interior design (ID) services to the House of Commons (HOC) in support of three Programs of work:
- Major Crown Projects (MCP);
- Recapitalization and Campus Projects, Capital Projects and Standards and Guidelines;
- Building Components.
The positions provide direction, including the planning, management and implementation of ID projects as they relate to one of the three Programs of Work. The strategic direction and technical expertise provided to the projects ensure a high-level approach to ID, respecting codes and regulations, best practice, innovation and heritage design.
Responsibilities include planning and consulting with clients on the identification and selection of functional interior design and BCC (component) requirements and ensuring quality assurance and integration across all project phases.
- Completion of post-secondary education in an Interior Design program;
- Membership in a recognized Canadian Professional Interior Design Association.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience on large projects with multiple stakeholders whereby the candidate played a role in providing key ID deliverables from inception to close-out;
- Established knowledge and experience in the application of concepts and methods related to design development, ergonomic and environmental considerations, project documents, specifications for furniture, finishes, and furnishings, tendering process, contract management, project management, interior installations, and post-occupancy management;
- Experience in and ability to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development;
- Knowledge of data/information management practices and procedures to research and analyse plans, specifications and codes; to develop reports and make recommendations; to review information and to provide technical advice and guidance;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD2018, Excel, Power Point, InDesign, Bluebeam (or Adobe equivalent).
- Knowledge of current products, trends, and developments in the field of interior design;
- Strong knowledge of materials and fabrication techniques within the built environment;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to small groups;
- Project Management and Conservation knowledge and experience desirable.
- Bilingualism in English / French
Please note that only applications submitted through our Career Portal will be accepted. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on November 14, 2017. For more information, please visit our careers site at http://jobs-emplois-hoc.parl.gc.ca
Note: If you are not a permanent resident in Canada, you must have a valid work visa in order to work at the House of Commons of Canada.