M Moser Associates is looking for a junior to intermediate level Interior Designer to join their growing Vancouver office!
This is a unique position for a talented designer with a year or two of experience to accelerate their career development with a reputable organization and incredible team, and establish a name for themselves in the industry. You will have the opportunity to learn and work side-by-side some of the most talented professionals in the industry, will have access to M Moser’s global resources and partner with a variety of amazing clients, participating in award winning projects all over North America and globe.
M Moser aims to transform the way people work and as such we are seeking design professionals who are motivated by people and are inspired by how design connects elements of people, organizations and culture, to realize their business goals.
As a Designer with M Moser Associates you will play a key role in advancing our design solutions. It is your job to generate new ideas for projects while maintaining enthusiasm about achieving client’s business goals. Working in Project Teams, as a Designer you are responsible for the successful design and delivery of workplace transformations at all project phases starting from concept design and design development through to construction administration. In collaboration with a fully-integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers and other specialists you will design and deliver the physical, social and digital environments that enable the business transformations of global organizations.
- Active role as an integral member of the design/build team starting as from the very early concept development stages, through design documentation and construction administration, all the way to project close-out
- Reliably work side-by-side with clients and project team to solve complex problems
- Manage the peaks and valleys of workload inherent to the nature of our work
- Using independent judgement, negotiate timelines with your team and client
- Brainstorm with in-house strategic planners to generate new solutions that address cultural opportunities in each project and redefine our understanding of every day programs such as workplace, retail, and hospitality.
- Responsible for selecting and considering building materials, finishes etc.
- Deeply involved in the drafting and creation of all project permitting, design development and construction documentation.
- Creating presentation boards, renderings and drawings using various design tools including but not limited to Revit, AutoCad, SketchUp, Rhino, etc.
- Construction administration including attending site to ensure design intent is met and reviewing submittals and finish samples
- Facilitate an awareness of trends and developments in design, materials, techniques and technology, through the sharing of your learnings and insights with team members
- Be an ambassador of M Moser’s values, promoting innovation and change
- Perform additional responsibilities necessary to achieve business and/or project goals
As a Designer with M Moser Associates you thrive in a team environment yet love a challenge and have a healthy competitive spirt. We are looking for inventive and inspired designers with a natural flame and enthusiasm for contributing to design projects that emerge from a deep consideration of human interaction. Designers who succeed with M Moser are motivated by growth and opportunity and are excited to contribute to an energetic, creative and dynamic company that’s making things happen around the world!
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design or other related field
- 1-3 years of experience working in an Architecture and/or Interior Design company
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), InDesign
- A portfolio of signature conceptual design work (can include school and/or education design projects)
- Effectively and enthusiastically contribute to multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary people skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively with clients, senior management, colleagues and junior team members
- Action-oriented, driven towards results
- Able to work entrepreneurially yet thrive collaborating in a team
- Able to move from small project to big picture perspective in order to develop a holistic strategy geared toward design deliverables
- Eager to learn and look for opportunities to grow