Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an intermediate Interior Designer to expand your experience in a variety of practice areas such as Corporate Workplace, Hospitality, Mixed use Core and Shell design and Government courthouse projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Collaborate on interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents Develop Schematic and Design Development presentations Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
- Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Coordinate with Building Architectural Design team, working inside out and outside in to right size a building interior floor plate to efficient space planning.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
Please note this job description contains only a partial listing of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 5+ years of related experience as an interior designer with a strong background in corporate interiors. Airport experience a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced Revit competence. Create 3D views and renderings.
- Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max preferred Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
- Excellent communication skills, team oriented, self-initiator, responsible, and highly motivated individual.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and work/life plans.