Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
At InsideSource, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it. If that sounds like your kind of company, keep reading. As a Fast 100 Private Growing Company in the Bay Area, InsideSource is changing the game when it comes to design in the workplace. People are the heart of InsideSource’s success. Attracting the right talent is critical to making this company successful.
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do-like community, participation, empowering others, and working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn’t work without a little play and of course, being a part of something bigger. At InsideSource we’re always reaching for amazing – and that challenge is what inspires us!
In support of the entire IS organization, creative design strategy for new business generated through bids, strategic accounts and sales opportunities. Perform design services on large projects from concept development through project completion for bid responses, in collaboration with project designers and/or as an individual contributor. Collaborate with Sales Department to represent design process in meetings, presentations and strategic selling scenarios. Contribute to company-wide peer group meetings focused on trends, project reviews and development of best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Including but not limited to:
Design, Sales & New Business Development Support
- Assist Sales/NBD/Bid Team to define project design approach and furniture solutions for projects assigned by Design Manager
- Oversee design direction and partner with designers on large, long-term and/or complex projects for New Business Development, Strategic Accounts or Sales Teams
- Work with Design Manager to help assign and assist projects to Creative Studio designers and collaborate with IS Branches to help qualify, assign and collaborate with designers at each branch location
- Attend presentations and meetings representing the Creative Studio design approach
- Attend meetings as needed with sales representative and designer to identify initial scope of work and intent
- Create Design Development packages for assigned projects
- Ensure the complete, accurate and timely development of final product specification for proposal to client including final review of specifications to ensure accuracy and original design intent
- Work with Marketing Team to create design development tools in support of sales and business development activities
- Qualify and/or contribute on-going content and feedback for IS Ancillary Furniture database
Design Department Support
- Coordinate with Design Leaders in each branch on initiatives for training and process improvement within the Design Department
- Provide direction to designers on development of furniture solutions
- Provide general coaching and mentoring to design team at large as needed
- Seek out new trends in workplace design, changes in building codes and product design to be disseminated throughout the Design Department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Auto CAD experience required, and CAP/CAP Worksheets experience preferred
- Expertise in applications: Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up, web-suppor
- Strong knowledge of interior design field and current practices
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable building codes, ADA regulations, National Electrical Code, etc.
- Strong knowledge of workplace trends (aesthetic, ergonomics, technology integration, workplace culsture, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of IS furniture vendor partners, including features/benefits, pricing, application and assembly, specification options and nomenclature
- Understaning of contract furniture processes, including specification development, order preparation, project management, order management and delivery/installation
- Exceptional written communication skills (including grammar, spelling and proof-reading)
- Excellent graphic design capabilities and design eye
- Strong presentation skills and ability to faciltiate design development activities with client and client’s project team
- Strong attention to detail – while at the same time developing the organizational strategy of communication
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and collaborative work environment
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels of the organization\
- Conducts responsible interfaces with: client, contractor and subcontractor trades, client’s A&D firm, electrician, client’s IT group, etc.
- Conducts responsible interfaces with: dealership sales, project management, account coordination, order management and operations/installation groups
- BS/BA Degree required from a FIDER/CIDA accredited program
- 5+ years interior design and/or furniture dealership experience
- Strong knowledge of ancillary furniture resources required
- Furniture space planning experience required