We are an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 12 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists—from artists and engineers, to nurses, workplace strategists and beyond—develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces.
The Boston office of SmithGroup is looking for an Entry Level Interior Designer to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Provide a full range of interior design services, including generating overall interior design concepts formulating design presentation strategies and making presentations.
- Compile construction documents package for projects and deliver the design through documentation and detailing.
- Prepare, develop, and edit specifications.
- Select FF&E materials.
- Coordinate with consultants or subcontractors.
- Work to project budget and schedules related to interior design component.
An ideal candidate:
- 1-3 years of interior design experience through a combination of professional degree in Interior Design and on the job experience
- Proficiency with Revit and other design software.
- Exceptional graphic presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, and Lumion.
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly-collaborative team environment.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.