Desired Starting Dates: October, 2018
Heatherwick Studio is looking for a talented and experienced interior designer to join an exciting unconventional luxury project. This is a one year maternity cover with possibility to extend.
Early concept work is still being developed and further concept and detail work is required to multiple areas within the project.
As a key member of the project team, you will work very closely with the Project Leader, other team members and present to Group Leaders and Design Director. Local and International external consultant liaison is also required. You will be focusing to further design and develop the interior details of this amazing project.
- Lead the concept design and detail design of multiple areas within the project
- Development of space planning, and layouts of all public areas in line with client and regulatory requirements
- Development of material palettes and demonstration relationships with the exterior
- Development of detailing, documentation, FF&E selection, specification and procurement.
- Develop 2D and 3D drawings for internal and client presentations
- Work collaboratively with technical consultants, project manager, engineers and other stakeholders
- Guide and manage junior members of the team
You should be:
- Extremely talented in interior design with a mixed portfolio of projects of different natures
- Highly enthusiastic about great design and has a ‘design-led’ approach when making decisions
- Experienced in high end projects with fine details is advantageous
- Able to articulate your ideas with hand drawings, 3D and physical modelling
- Experienced in detail design, documentation, FF&E specification and procurement
- Proactive and energetic
- A creative problem solver
You should have
- At least 5 years working as an interior designer.
- A degree in interior design, interior architecture, architecture or relevant fields
- Great technical knowledge
- Fantastic communication skills and confident facing clients and contractors
- Great organising skills, resilient to pressure.
- Proven track experience of designing and delivering built projects
- Previous experience in yacht design is highly desired
- Fantastic hand drawing skill
- Proficiency of working with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite and
How to apply:
Please apply here with your CV, samples and cover letter to state why you are interested in this role. Please make sure the portfolio you submitted is a true reflection of your experience and skills. We value greatly how you put together your portfolio.
Heatherwick Studio is an international studio that brings together craft, design, architecture, and strategic thinking together in a single workspace.
We are a vibrant practice focused on innovation, collaboration and making, constantly questioning the boundary of what is possible.
Today a team of 200, we are involved in numerous extraordinary projects around the world.