Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are growing our team in our commercial interiors discipline: Our book of business continues to grow rapidly and the caliber of project work demands a full team of seriously-talented designers who can take on a whole range of unique design challenges.
At Sasaki we purposefully take on challenging work that we see as opportunities to evolve and stretch. As such, we look for teammates who are excited to engage fully from the get-go. Ideas matter tremendously around here and no matter your level, as a Sasaki designer you will be encouraged to have a point of view, to share your thinking often, to push design further, and to develop a comfortable rapport with clients. For a mid-sized firm, we guard our small-firm feel focusing less on hierarchy than on working together to yield the best designs.
The most successful candidates can deliver design stewardship, team leadership, project management, and client-relationship management. We prefer to groom our leaders from within and we are looking for mid-level interior designers who can grow into leadership positions over time. If you think you can add something special to our team and our practice we would love to hear from you.
What you bring:
- Design chops – you’ve got vision, creativity, and skills
- Collaborative spirit – the idea of interdisciplinary teamwork gets you excited
- Opinions – you have them and aren’t afraid to speak up
- Passion – you have a healthy dose of ambition for yourself, your team, the work (and the firm you’ll come to love)
- Proactive resourcefulness – you’re energetic and positive about solving problems and take initiative to find a way to ‘yes’
- Growth-orientation – you’re curious and want to find greater ways to impact the world around you
- Humanistic sensibility – you design for people and you are invested in the growth of your teammates
What you’ll do:
- Generate design concepts
- Communicate and present design intent to team and clients
- Lead, delegate and critique work effectively
- Provide flexibility in developing alternative concepts to solve complex design problems
- Modify & review presentations and drawing sets in all phases
Experience and Education:
- 3+ years of experience
- A Professional Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited program
- High level proficiency in Revit and Creative Suite
- Rendering skills a plus
- LEED AP preferred