IBI is currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our Toronto office. The successful candidate(s) must have a passion for design, be creative, organized and self-motivated. The successful candidate(s) will help lead projects from the initial conceptual design phase, through to contract documentation, implementation and close-out. Working with a variety of clients and trades, the successful candidate must be capable of clear communication to effectively manage projects from commencement to completion.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Involvement in all phases of the design process from schematic design through to contract documentation including: site analysis, programming, blocking and stacking, space planning, plans, elevations, details, millwork design, schedules and specifications.
- Assist with contract administration and furniture tenders.
- Coordinate with furniture manufacturers and ancillary product suppliers
- Develop and support the design team with working drawings, 3D models and presentations.
- Develop preliminary space plans and design concepts to ensure code, accessibility and functional requirements are met.
- Review and coordinate consultant’s drawings
- Translate the client’s needs into an innovative design solution.
- Develop furniture, fixtures and equipment selections and specifications
- Research new products and consult with suppliers.
- Communicate and coordinate with consultants, trades, clients and team members.
- Participate in client presentations.
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Mentor junior staff members and help senior staff members organize the project team.
- Promote design excellence through the spirit of team collaboration and innovation.
You’ll Need To Have:
- A professional degree/diploma in Interior Design or, equivalent.
- 5+ years of corporate interiors focused project experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, and graphic design.
- Revit knowledge an asset
- Understanding of 3D visualization software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the OBC/AODA
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Strong organizational, technical and project management skills with an ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions.
- Strong ability to manage clients and build relationships.
- ARIDO intern member or registered member.
- Corporate Interiors experience is preferred.