FWBA Architects is hiring! We are looking to expand our Interior Design team in Lethbridge with an experienced Interior Designer. As a highly motivated creative individual, you have a strong sense of design and want to continuously learn about interior design and architecture. A team player, you have strong communication, organization and problem-solving skills as well as expertise working with AutoCad and BIM, with Revit experience in particular.
This position is initially a 16-month contract with the potential for permanent status as part of a dynamic Interior Design department. You would be responsible to work with Associate in charge and all project teams in achieving design and technical excellence. We work within a collaborative framework between our three offices in Lethbridge, Calgary and Medicine Hat. Our primary project types include Institutional design in Education, Healthcare and Seniors and our firm has won numerous awards.
FWBA Architects offers competitive compensation and a great work environment. Our firm’s culture is innovative and collaborative. We pride ourselves in our 90 years of service and our solid reputation. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on multimillion-dollar institutional projects as well as more intimate, small projects throughout southern Alberta. We value people who have the desire to contribute to the communities they live in through involvement in and the creation of great places. In other words, people who have a positive impact on those around them. Through meaningful support, our firm encourages the ongoing growth and development of our employee’s professional development.
- Work with the project design team throughout all phases of project development to produce a high-quality product.
- Responsible for interior design assignments and working with the project team to assist overall effort of completing various project phases.
- Possess knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art, signage, colour and materials.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, functional planning, FF&E procurement, lighting and construction costs and building codes.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Performs material research in preparation of project specifications to carryout design intent of the projects they are involved with.
- Contributing to detailed preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general interior design problems.
- Possess space planning skills and an interest in programming.
- Checks and coordinates details and dimensions.
- Responsible for completing tasks assigned to them including producing design drawings and assisting with the completion of construction drawings.
- Create presentation boards, material boards, elevations and 3D renderings.
- Assist in supervising project document control tasks and maintain quality control of such tasks.
- Coordination of consultants with interior and architectural documents.
- Collaborate on concept and schematic design and design development.
- Meet with product reps, learn and advocate for ongoing improvement in our projects.
- Assist with the organization and updating of the Interiors Sample Library & Digital Library.
- Planning and execution for various phases of project delivery.
- Organizes own work efforts.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary program in Interior Design or a related discipline.
- Registration with a governing association is considered an asset.
- Will have at least five to eight years in an architectural firm or interiors studio delivering projects from concept through design development and construction drawings.
- Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator), and Microsoft Office experience is a requirement. Any 3D Rendering programs are an asset.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills; Able to communicate ideas in a clear manner both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to consistently interpret and follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and within a positive and productive team environment.
- Significant amount of desk work.
- Site visits with travel.
- Overtime and weekends may occasionally be required