Handel Architects, LLP is an award-winning, full-service architecture, planning and interiors firm committed to design excellence. Our San Francisco Interior Design Studio is looking for a smart, energetic, responsible Junior Interior Designer / Junior Interior Architect with a passion for interiors.
Our growing studio is seeking an individual with a combination of creativity and technical knowledge, adept at developing and assisting the design team on a wide range of hospitality and residential projects. You will work with and report to the Project Designer and Director of Interiors and assist with generating design concepts.
Designers in our studio are actively involved with their respective projects and are expected to show initiative, have entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for establishing relationships with other team members, consultants and client teams.
Studio members of all levels are required to be flexible, open minded and willing to work concurrent projects. We try to be a fluid group and encourage open design dialog and participation.
- Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Assist to prepare and develop graphic presentations for client approval
- Collaborate with design team to develop space plans, furniture layouts, FF&E selections and documentation
- Produce finish plans, furniture plans, schedules, specifications and material selections needed for construction documentation
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture vendors, material suppliers and fabricators
- Manage vendors and library
- Generate design concepts using Photoshop and 3D modeling/rendering
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing and assist in the construction administration phase.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or interior architecture
- Professional portfolio demonstrating passion for interior design and interior architecture
- Candidate must understand the process of translating design concepts into building assemblies, must be able to space plan, provide furniture layouts, develop imagery, and prepare specifications.
- Highly organized and collaborative
- Must possess strong technical skills and ability to assist in the preparation of design and construction documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills