The Toronto Head Office is seeking an Interior Designer to join our Corporate Interiors team. The ideal candidate should possess both interior design as well as architecture experience. As an integrated design team, we believe your knowledge in both disciplines will be an asset to projects and long-term growth within the company. Reporting to the Manager, Interior Design and working alongside a seasoned staff of award winning professionals you will be given the opportunity to take part in reputable large-scale corporate interior projects. Professional and personal growth are merged within this position, to allow you to develop as an interior designer. Reputable projects completed by the team are BMO, KPMG, PWC, Legal Firms.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Applies design systems, tools, and principals involved in the creation of technical plans, drawings, and models
- Applies design tools to schematic and design development and resentations
- Manages small design projects and identifies materials needed
- Conducts space planning, concept/schematic development, and design development
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Coordinates color and material palettes and is responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget
- Confirms that preliminary space plans and designs concept are safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate, and meets all public health, safety and welfare requirements, including code, accessibility, environmental, and sustainability guideline
You’ll need to have:
- Completed Degree in Interior Design from Interior Design program
- Registered member of ARIDO preferred
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Hospitality/High-rise residential Interior Design following graduation from an accredited Interior Design program
- Working knowledge of interior design principles/theory and local Building Codes
- Experience in programming, planning principles, materials and furnishings
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Revit is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch Up
- Attention to detail with focus on balancing quality design with project schedule
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized