Perkins Eastman has an immediate need for an Interior Architect/Workplace Designer in our Boston studio. This ideal candidate will work closely with other designers and architects on the project teams to which they are assigned to design, document and execute the project through installation. The Interior Designer will participate in programming, visioning, designing, selecting and documenting interior architectural elements, finishes and furniture.
- Works with team to envision the design concept, project narrative and graphics for concept presentation
- Engage with team for initial programming, space planning and furniture layouts
- Participate in client meetings including interviews, visioning sessions, information gathering, and presentations
- Designs and/or directs junior staff in the design and documentation of the interior workplace design including reception areas, common spaces, work areas, collaboration zones, and support spaces. Develops design presentation including rendered plans, elevations and 3D views.
- Works with Senior Architect/Interior Designer to assemble complete set of construction documents including construction plans, elevations, details, life safety plans, and specifications.
- Coordinates interior architectural design and Revit documents with sub-consultants including MEP/FP, Structural, Lighting, Landscape, and Artwork.
- Works with Senior Designer for graphics, documentation and coordination of interior elements, including selection and coordination of FF&E with furniture vendors.
- Review architectural and furniture installation plans and shop drawings for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with all pertinent consultant drawings.
- Reviews and approves shop drawings and samples with final approval by Senior Interior Designer and/or Project Manager
- Coordination with client, contractor, and project team as appropriate per project
- Responsible to review and conform to Owner and Operator Standards
- Attends site meetings with owner, consultants and contractor inclusive of interior architecture and furniture installation, as necessary
- Bachelor or Master degree from a 4 year CIDA accredited Interior Design program or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 to 9 years of related industry experience required
- NCIDQ and LEED certified or perusing certification preferred
- Workplace and Interior Architecture experience required
- MUST be highly proficient in Revit and able manage Revit models, families and document coordination with sub-consultants.
- Self-starter, passionate about design
- Possesses interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses knowledge of building and ADA codes
- Ability to develop an occupant program and create multiple test fit options
- Understanding of interior construction documents including: floor plans, floor finish plans, elevations and details, finish schedules, furniture plans
- Understanding of furniture specifications, FF&E matrices, and budgets
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong proficient with computer-assisted design software including Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; Rhino; MS Office; 3D software such as Enscape and Sketchup.
- Strong communication, organization, time management skills and excellent graphic presentation skills