Walter E. Smithe is looking to add a talented Designer to our team in Merrillville, IN. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Interior Design space – either running an independent design business or working for a design-related company.
- Embrace our robust training program, during which you will gain the knowledge and confidence to be a successful WES Designer. This includes product knowledge, computer training and expert coaching on our sales formula and approach to design.
- Provide a warm greeting to each client who walks into the store. Treat each opportunity as the serious shopper they are. Focus on building rapport with potential clients by quickly connecting and conveying your design credibility while moving throughout the showroom, highlighting products, providing expertise and offering solutions.
- Guide the sales process by asking qualifying questions and using active listening skills. Close sales same day or recommend the appropriate next step to move the sale along. Keep track of all open proposals and maintain regular contact until the sale closes.
- Perform 1+ home consultation per week to collect all necessary inputs for developing a design presentation, including measurements, details, and photos.
- Utilize technology tools, like RoomPlanner, PowerPoint, and Excel to develop design presentations.
- Further your knowledge through participation in showroom huddles, quarterly meetings, and vendor product knowledge seminars.
- Possess an insatiable curiosity for all things design. Stay up to date on evolving design trends by consuming design content wherever you can find it, including social media, magazines, and TV.
- Participate in regular one-on-one coaching sessions with General Sales Manager
- To ensure the best possible client experience, forge a close partnership with other company departments, including order status, warranty, store display, accounting, warehouse, and delivery.
- Experience working as an interior designer OR sales experience at a high-end retail store
- An engaging personality and the ability to connect with everyone
- Boundless energy when it comes to design and delivering an outstanding client experience
- Highly organized, capable of multitasking, and solid time management skills
- Ability to confidently ask for the sale through gentle persuasion
- Ability to move through the showroom at a pace that satisfies the needs of our clients
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license to perform weekly home consultations
- Computer knowledge required, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CRM experience a plus
- 12 weeks paid training
- Variable commission structure with performance-based accelerator (7.25% average)
- Commission paid on order, not delivery!
- Performance-based bonuses
- Flexible Schedules
- Access to quality product lines, beautiful showrooms, and design tools
- Support Staff to assist with order status and warranty issues
- Dedicated brand advertising and personalized marketing support
- AMAZING employee discounts
- Medical, Dental, Vision; Life Insurance (if on medical); Long Term Disability; Employee Assistance Program; 401K; Paid Holidays; PTO