Gensler is currently seeking a Mid-Level Interior Designer to join our Charlotte office. As a Mid-Level Gensler Interior Designer, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for our clients. You should have exceptional design skills, a background in architecture with a focus on Interiors or Interior Design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts.
You must be an integral part of your teams and actively foster a respectful, creative, and inspiring design environment. You should have a great reputation in the design community at large.
What You Will Do
- Perform interior design assignments that include interpreting client’s needs, space planning, conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documentation
- Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques and procedures.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Generate design with 3D models, Revit, Sketchup or other software, create digital 3D view to communicate design concepts
- Generate Interior finishes and reflected ceiling plans, elevations, details, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Guide and mentor junior designers
- Work in a synergistic manner with other design and professional staff
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field from an accredited school
- 5+ years of interior design experience
- NCIDQ Certified
- Knowledge of sustainable and universal design concepts. Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, 3D, Rhino, Grasshopper, AutoCAD, and other modeling software programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Strong graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required. Portfolios should include at least 1 project with this particular focus, and candidates should be prepared to talk to this in their interview, especially built projects with LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard , Fitwel and /or Net Zero Building certification
To be considered for this opportunity, you must upload a sample design portfolio to the attachments sections of your application.