Do you have what it takes to style some of the most luxurious spaces in the world?
Yabu Pushelberg designs award-winning places and products: immersive environments, compelling destinations and considered goods. We go beyond what things look like, to how they make people feel and we are currently seeking Decorative Arts Designers for our Toronto and New York studios to join us on this journey.
Our Decorative Arts team is made up of talented textile designers, stylists, and furniture specialists that have a strong sense and appreciation of decorative style. Each team member brings a unique background of talents and experiences that combine to design bespoke decorative layers within interior spaces such as custom carpets and accessories.
To add to our diverse team, the ideal candidate will have an interior design background with residential design experience and a refined, educated eye for selecting furniture, art, accessories and textiles.
- Assist and collaborate in the development of concept design through sketching, rendering, & planning
- Selection of directional images, and finishes
- Formulate purchased & custom furniture, accessories, and textiles
- Coordination with the Interior Design teams when collaborating on projects
- Acquire and coordinate samples and special finishes with vendors
- Assist in the development of design presentations
- Assist in any information the Spec department may require;
- Review and implement design specifications re: FF&E and FF&E Palette
- BA in Interior Design or Architecture or related field of design, such as: Product Design, Ceramics, Textile Design, Styling & Accessories, Fashion Design, Visual Merchandising
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Skills in AutoCAD, Sketch-up, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are desired
- Revit or 3D rendering software skills are an asset
- Flexible and enjoys working in an interdisciplinary team environment
Please send your resumed and portfolio for consideration to: [email protected]
Resumes not accompanied by a portfolio will not be considered.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.