A Work of Substance is currently seeking an Interior Project Manager. This position will directly report to the Creative Director, supervising the interior projects team from design concept to construction execution. The candidate will ideally have an architecture or interior design background with some project management experience and be familiar with the construction process within the Hong Kong market.
A Work of Substance is looking for an ambitious individual who understands the value of meaningful aesthetics and has a penchant for building relationships with a variety of clients, ranging from luxury, retail, food and beverage, fashion and hospitality. You will work in a creative and flexible environment with a never-ending slew of new experiences at your doorstep.
Who they are looking for:
- A person with a desire for making great things happen.
- An enthusiastic, energetic project manager who is excited by the diversity of work A Work of Substance produces.
- A proactive problem solver and planner who is always thinking ahead.
- Exemplary organization skills.
- Ambitious individuals who can contribute to the culture of the agency, as much as the delivery of their projects.
- Calm, organized and flexible under pressure, you can manage multiple streams of work at once, to a consistently high standard even to tight deadlines.
- A naturally confident communicator – equally comfortable presenting back to the team, as leading a client call.
- Commercially aware and confident managing budgets.
- An understanding of the team that’s needed to deliver a project and an ability to set, lead and manage that team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing day-to-day communication with clients from pitch, brief, strategy to construction and production.
- Manage timelines, identify and liaise with all third party production partners for all projects.
- Daily communication with vendors and clients, account management and project management of on-going projects.
- Sourcing products from global suppliers, e.g. furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration, and obtaining physical samples for clients.
- Liaising with suppliers, third party vendors or Main Contractors.
- Creating reports and agendas.
- Attending on-site meetings.
- Assisting in other various administrative tasks as directed by the Creative Director.
- Bachelor/ Degree in Architecture or Interior Design with at least 2-3 years experience.
- Good knowledge of full set drawings including tender, construction and technical detailing.
- Be familiar with design and construction processes and contract documentation.
- Proven organizational ability to manage multiple projects at a time under a high-speed environment, while paying strict attention to detail.
- Native fluency and writing skills in English; Cantonese is a plus.
- Well-organized and reliable, as well a team player.
- Good time-management and able to handle multiple projects under tight timelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
All interested candidates, please submit your CV with availability date and expected salary at email@example.com. A portfolio submission is not required for this position, but candidates are welcome to submit. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for any interview. All applications will be held for a period of up to 3 months should more positions open.