Teeple Architects is an award-winning creative design studio in Toronto, with a reputation for executing technically advanced, conceptually innovative buildings. We have three decades of experience in the design of complex institutional, multi-unit residential, and civic projects, each rooted in the specific needs and aspirations of our clients. Our studio is a creative and collaborative environment filled with ambitious and talented people. We all share a common commitment to design excellence and encourage our employees to push the envelope. We encourage personal accountability, initiative, and curiosity. As a leader in the design community, we recognize that varied skillsets enrich our overall knowledge base and are committed to the personal and professional growth of all our staff.
We are seeking an Intermediate Architect with 5 years minimum professional experience. Ideally, our successful candidate will be a licensed architect, or a pre-licensed OAA enrolled Intern Architect with an aptitude for good design and understanding of construction documentation. We do not departmentalize roles within our office structure, but rather believe that the firm is strongest and most resilient when each staff is exposed to all phases of a project.
Day to day responsibilities may include the following:
• Work as a team member in the design and documentation of a project, working directly with the Principal in charge.
• Based on previous experience and the complexity of the project, take on the role of Project Captain, managing conceptual design presentations and design development coordination with consultants.
• Prepare and coordinate submissions for municipal approvals and milestone deadlines
• Act as Job Captain managing the production of design development and contract documents. Develop and maintain a work plan for the team and monitor project development against the work plan schedule.
• Assist the Principal-in-charge with QA/QC review the work of the project team.
• Contract administration responsibilities will include performing field reviews, mock-up, submittal reviews, and all in-office construction phase work.
• OAA licensed architect, or IAP enrolled.
• Have exceptional design skills and a strong critical perspective.
• Have demonstrated leadership skills.
• Be passionate about building science and technology, and want to explore new methods of project delivery using technology.
• Be truly knowledgeable of leading-edge industry construction methods, abreast of the most current building technologies, and enjoy the challenge of designing creative and elegant solutions for construction detailing.
• This position works directly with clients and consultants; strong communication skills are essential.
• BIM experience is mandatory. Other design platforms are engaged based on the complexity of the project. Working knowledge or previous experience in Rhino3D, AutoCAD, Dynamo, Grasshopper etc are an asset.