Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
Adamson Associates’ New York office has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Architect.
In this position, you will:
- Work with and support senior architects on the development of projects.
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, construction documentation, contract administration and Authority submissions under guidance from senior architects.
- Assemble construction drawing sets in Revit, including: site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Collaborate with consultants, attend meetings to coordinate drawings, and provide information as required.
- Work with current design techniques, building systems, and keeps current with design trends, code changes, and developments to sustain and improve technical and design skills.
- Coordinate specifications with project consultants and specification writer.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure outputs meet the required quality expectations and agreed upon deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program or Master in Architecture program.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with medium to large-scale commercial, mixed-use, high-rise residential and institutional projects.
- Proven abilities in the production of meticulous architectural documents through all stages of a project’s lifespan — from schematic design through to construction administration with focus on CD/CA.
- High level of proficiency in current versions of Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Well-versed in New York Building Code, New York Energy Code, ADA and other required standards.
- Strong knowledge of building technology, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and assembly of construction drawing sets.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Design and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation of, and sensitivity to, architectural design intent.
- Positive attitude coupled with strong work ethic. Have the ability to work in a collaborative environment, producing exemplary work on a daily basis.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate commitment to the multidisciplinary project development process and team-focused environment.