a–A is a design practice engaged in the act of city building, providing full architectural services across a wide range of contexts, scales and building types—from schools and galleries, to affordable housing and mixed-use developments, to urban parks and civic precincts. Home is Toronto, Canada, a city we love and have helped to shape over the past 20 years. Privileged to be in one of the most livable and diverse metropolitan centres in the world, and the fastest growing city in North America, we work with clients and collaborators in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are designers, researchers and urbanists who care about the city, are thoughtful to ask urban questions big and small, and take care to create spaces that give meaning and invention to the ways we live and work.
We have several exciting projects in development and are looking for Intermediate Architect(s) with seven-plus years of experience to join us immediately at our downtown studio-based office in the vibrant Adelaide and Richmond corridor. Someone with the versatility, know-how and comfort to work across design, detailing and documentation, who is as attentive in production as is to presentation. For the right candidate with the right years and quality of experience (bonus points if you are as nice as you are talented), we offer a competitive salary, extended benefits, summer hours, and most importantly, beer Fridays. Friendly colleagues, open and diverse studio culture, and a rooftop garden for lunches, are a few of the other perks of becoming a part of our team.
Must-haves at minimum:
- Canada-recognised architecture degree and/or equivalent international training
- Minimum seven years of work experience since graduation
- Working knowledge of building science, construction details and Ontario building codes
Proficiency in Archicad or Revit
Versatility with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and inDesign)
- Strong visual communication skills
- History of effective client and consultant coordination
- Ability to balance timelines, competing pressures and priorities
- Ability to work well with others
Nice-to-haves but not mandatory:
- Experience with multi-use residential projects
- Experience with large-scale urban projects
- OAA registration and/or international accredited membership
- Architectural design, detailing and documentation of projects
- Preparation of 2D and 3D drawings for rezoning, site plan approval and building permit
- Developing and co-ordinating design development and construction documents
Please send CV and portfolio (in PDF format max 10 MB, with subject heading Intermediate Architect) to [email protected]
Thank you to all applicants for your interest. We will be in touch with standout candidates for interviews.