Chango & Co. are looking for an experienced Intermediate Architect to join their growing team of designers. Chango & Co.’s definition of full-service is providing clients with a highly capable, exceptionally talented, and detail-obsessed team of experts to manage every aspect of a project, allowing their clients to focus on the creative and enjoyable elements of the process without being overwhelmed by it.
Here’s a bit more about who they’re looking for…
- Holds a Bachelor’s and/or masters degree in architecture or interior architecture.
- Has 4-5 years of experience in architecture. At least 2-3 years in residential architecture.
- Is highly proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, and G Suite (Google Docs/Sheets/Slides).
- Has experience with or is interested in sourcing new and innovative materials including plumbing, hardware, wall, ceiling, and floor finishes, etc.
- Has experience putting together construction sets and assisting with compiling FF&E packages.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, grammar, and vocabulary (both written and verbal).
- Possesses exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Is a self-starter, able to take the lead on tasks that are assigned to them by their project manager.
- Is excited about the opportunity to contribute to the design process of large-scale single-family homes.
- Holding a valid US driver’s license is a plus, as this position will require some travel nearby and outside of NYC for jobsite visits, shop visits, and project installations.
- Currently lives within commuting distance of office in Williamsburg, New York City.
- Is available to start immediately and work full-time, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM with a minimum of 3 full days required in person in our Brooklyn office.
- Works with and reports directly to the architecture project managers.
- Can take the lead in curating design schemes, FF&E packages, and drawing sets for entire homes.
- In addition to providing support for the project manager, can manage 1-2 small scale residential projects.
- Takes part in site visits, client meetings, and internal meetings with the project manager and creative director, documenting all notes and pictures taken during all meetings.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance.
- Enrollment in 401k program.
- Contribution towards The Spring Meditation’s Vedic Meditation course.
- Contribution towards monthly Ten Grand Health Club Membership.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance.
- Commuter Benefits, Health Savings Account.
- Virtual medical benefits including Teladoc Virtual Health Program, HealthAdvocate Healthcare Support, and TalkSpace Online Mental Health Therapy.
- Dog-friendly office and bi-weekly office happy hours.
- Summer Fridays in July and August.
If this Intermediate Architect position sounds like a great fit, Chango & Co. would love to hear from you! Please send your resume, portfolio and drawing sets to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.