Montgomery Sisam Architects is seeking an experienced Intermediate Architect.
Montgomery Sisam designs buildings with the past, present, and future in mind. We respect the contexts we occupy, we advocate for our clients, and we deliver lasting architecture.
We are a group of architects, designers and technicians with diverse backgrounds, and a shared social consciousness. Our process is grounded in a sense of responsibility to the public, driven by dialogue and research, and focused on social, economic, and environmental sustainability. Since 1978, we have been creating spaces for living, learning, and healing, delivering a wide variety of projects. While our work spans multiple sectors and scales, our objective is consistent: to provide architecture that people connect with.
We believe that outstanding architecture begins with curiosity, and through a personalized and rigorous approach, we strive to generate work with a local presence and a global impact.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Problem solving and collaborating as part of a team to resolve design and technical issues.
- Production of diagrams, massing models, shadow studies etc.
- Production of project documentation, working drawings and details.
- Coordination and collaboration with sub-consultants.
- Coordination with materials suppliers / Product research.
- 4-5 years of experience minimum.
- Must be proficient in Revit, including having completed a Contract Document set in Revit.
- Knowledge in AutoCad, Sketchup, Enscape, Bluebeam and Adobe software are considered to be assets.
- Working knowledge of OBC. Other provinces an asset.
- Excellent time managements skills and an ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently.
- Possess an understanding of construction detailing.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Given the nature of our work you may be subject to a criminal reference check and must be able to pass government security clearance programs / Vulnerable Sector clearance programs.
Please send CVs and portfolios directly to [email protected] with the title: Intermediate Architect.