Perkins and Will is looking for a bilingual Intermediate Architect/Intern Architect to join the Ottawa office. The ideal candidate performs in a self-directed manner in all aspects of the building design process, including preparation of presentation materials, schematic design, design development and contract documents, model building, rendering and construction administration activities within an established budget, schedule, site and programmatic requirements.
As an Intermediate Architect with the Perkins and Will team, you will:
- Prepare preliminary design studies and adaptations of alternatives for review.
- Prepare drawings for schematic design and design development.
- Exercise creative judgment and design application skills in preparing client presentation materials, including design sketches, renderings, models and graphics.
- Adhere to firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Prepare contract documents including details, sections, elevations and schedules.
- Produce amendments, addenda and bulletins.
- Assists in preparing adaptations and technical alternatives for project team review.
- Perform area calculations according to specified standards.
- Perform site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Perform tasks according to Perkins and Will Project Delivery Manual.
- Organize and plan accordingly to execute tasks.
- Self-check work for accuracy, omissions and legibility.
To join us, you must have:
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- 4+ years experience
- A minimum of 2 years working with Revit
- Experience in Contract Administration
- Experience in transit is considered an asset
- Experience in all phases and aspects of a project is desirable
- Intermediate knowledge of project design and construction documentation production
- Knowledge of construction materials
- Graphic and 3D visualization skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Willing to travel to Montreal regularly
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
Please submit a resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 6MB).