Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
WXY is an award-winning multi-disciplinary practice specializing in the realization of urban design, planning and architectural solutions in challenging contexts. Focused on innovative approaches to public space, structures and urban issues, the firm’s work engages both site-specific design and planning at multiple scales. The firm’s commissions are in collaboration with community-based, public authority, and private clients. WXY’s office is located in New York City.
WXY is a 40 person team with a wide range of expertise. We have a collaborative office environment where cross-disciplinary team work is essential.
This is a full-time, Intermediate Architect and Project Manager position. Successful candidates will have the ability to handle a full range of tasks within architectural design practice from conceptual design and feasibility studies, to schematic design through construction administration. The position covers a range of fields and knowledge including: building design and standards, zoning codes and analysis; working knowledge of structural, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems; feasibility studies; municipal procurement methods; coordination and development of design presentations; public presentation and consultation, development and maintenance of design excellence work delivered to clients with a service oriented manner. Candidates should possess strong project management, design and visual communication skills and a strong technical background plus be able to rapidly expand their technical knowledge through effective research and study.
This position fulfils an important role within the WXY team, enabling the office to be better resourced and more well- rounded on Transit architecture and importantly to manage less experienced staff and make the most of the engagement with the firm’s Principals. The position will require the ability to manage a project team or take on tasks independently and balance production with coordination responsibilities.
At WXY we are looking for capable, enthusiastic, curious people who are willing to get involved in a range of project types and office initiatives and to form part of our dynamic, mission-driven, international team.
- Management of a range of project types within architecture and urban design
- Lead, coordinate and execute all phases of an architectural project in close collaboration with projects teams and office principals, from proposals to contract documents
- Preparation of proposals and work on marketing initiatives
- Preparation of presentation and graphic materials
- Preparation of design and construction documents
- Maintain an organized content workflow throughout a project, consistent with office procedures and standards
- Clear and concise reporting to Principals on a regular basis
- Work directly with a variety of consultants, contractors and clients
- Coordinate and schedule with project team and clients to ensure the timely completion of tasks
- Able to undertake the aforementioned responsibilities
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Architectural detailing, technical specification writing, demonstrable background with intensive coordination with Engineering Consultants and Contractors, strong graphic communication skills
- Excellent understating of building systems, building code, standards of construction
- Software requirements include: Advanced level in AutoCAD and Revit 2017 (Rhino with Maxwell experience is a plus).
- Excellent organizational skills and able to manage time effectively
- Able to work independently and/or manage a team and clearly delegate tasks
- Comfortable working in a remote co-location office with the Project Team – designer, contractors and Transit Agency.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized with strong critical thinking skills, collaborative.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Able to work in the USA and begin work immediately
- Fluent in English (excellent written and verbal and listening skills)
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 5-7 years of professional architectural experience, including completion of multiple projects in a project management role
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and changes to the position duties may be required from time to time. There is a requirement for post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. WXY is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. WXY is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please email cover letter, CV and portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.