Teeple Architects is seeking an Intermediate Architect with 5 years minimum professional experience.
Ideally, our successful candidate will be a licensed architect, or a pre-licensed OAA enrolled Intern Architect, with an aptitude for good design and understanding of construction documentation. We do not departmentalize roles within our office structure, but rather believe that the firm is strongest and most resilient when each staff is exposed to all phases of a project.
Day to day responsibilities may include the following:
- Work as a team member in the design and documentation of a project, working directly with the Principal-in-Charge.
- Based on previous experience and the complexity of the project, take on the role of Project Captain, managing conceptual design presentations and design development coordination with consultants.
- Prepare and coordinate submissions for municipal approvals and milestone deadlines.
- Act as Job Captain managing the production of design development and contract documents. Develop and maintain a work plan for the team and monitor project development against the work plan schedule.
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge with QA/QC review the work of the project team.
- Contract administration responsibilities will include performing field reviews, mock-up, submittal reviews, and all in-office construction phase work.
- OAA licensed architect, or IAP enrolled.
- Have exceptional design skills and a strong critical perspective.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Be passionate about building science and technology, and want to explore new methods of project delivery using technology.
- Be truly knowledgeable of leading-edge industry construction methods, abreast of the most current building technologies, and enjoy the challenge of designing creative and elegant solutions for construction detailing.
- This position works directly with clients and consultants—strong communication skills are essential.
- BIM experience is mandatory. Other design platforms are engaged based on the complexity of the project. Working knowledge or previous experience in Rhino3D, AutoCAD, Dynamo, Grasshopper, etc. are an asset.
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to [email protected].