West 8 is looking for an Intermediate, Construction Architect / Technologist in our Rotterdam studio to participate in various inspiring and challenging construction projects both in France, and the rest of the world.
You will be involved in the design, architectural, and technical aspects of projects and their graphic representation, providing your technical understanding to the entire design process from concept to execution. You will develop project packages that demonstrate clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of technical feasibility.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Eager to work in a dynamic team and wants to push boundaries
- Critical in their work and design attitude; works independently and goal-oriented
- Energetic, wants their knowledge to continuously improve
- Able to communicate ideas fluently to communicate through technical drawings, sketches, models and 3D models
- Has experience with delivering a project through the French building regulations.
- Has a strong knowledge of both traditional and contemporary construction methods, specifically in France.
- Has experience across all stages of the design process, including technical detailing and construction drawings.
- Excellent in their use of oral and written communication in both French and English. Dutch is a plus.
- You have a degree as an architect
- You have working knowledge of architectural drawing and detailing, and demonstrate clear understanding of building systems and materials
- You have a high level of aptitude in 3D (preferably Rhinoceros)
- You can work smoothly with AutoCAD, Adobe CC and knowledge of V-ray and Lumion is a plus