IBI Group’s Toronto Healthcare Studio has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Healthcare Architect/Planner. The successful candidate will participate in delivering quality complex healthcare projects within integrated project team. We are looking for candidates that have a good understanding of healthcare planning principles and the ability to develop innovative solutions from health facility programs.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Collaborate with the greater project team in the development of healthcare planning solutions.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources.
- Participate in user group meetings and work with senior hospital management.
- Experience with the planning and development of large, complex healthcare facilities.
- Develop space plans in response to programmatic needs, user requirements and objectives while achieving innovative solutions.
- Demonstrate superb client service and ability to deliver projects on schedule and within budget.
- Keep abreast of healthcare planning trends, codes and innovations including evidence based design principles.
You’ll Need To Have:
- Minimum University Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience planning and designing complex healthcare/hospital projects. Experience with P3 healthcare projects an asset.
- Must be proficient with and have hands on work experience in Revit. Experience with AutoCAD, dRofus and Bluebeam are also expected.
- Knowledge of full Microsoft Office preferred.
- Client service focus.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral – at times you will be client facing and expected to present your work to clients.
- Strong project management, organizational, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision expected.
- A portfolio submission in either PDF or weblink form is required at the time of application for review.