Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Architectural Designer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver office. This role has overall responsibility for preparing architectural standards, layout, details and drawings. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Preparing CADD layouts from concept sketches to detailed design for industrial projects located throughout North America and abroad
- Assisting in Writing specifications and contract documents
- Coordinating with other project team members
- Creating an environment that fosters technical excellence, accuracy and timeliness
- Promoting a common understanding and commitment to organizational and project objectives
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- A willingness to take assignments in various field locations
- Proven expertise using AutoCAD
- Experience of PDMS, E3D, Revit or Sketch Up Pro will be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.